Sometimes events happen in your life that you have no control over. You understand that thoughts become things and you know you attract whatever is happening in your life, but there’s that one situation that you just hurt from when it happens. Maybe it’s a fight with a loved one or a difficult meeting at work, family drama, or not-so-good news. That pain, tears, heartache you go through, emotions that run high but remember – you are alive and that’s why you’re feeling. I know it seems impossible to celebrate, but the alternative would be that you’re dead so you can’t feel. Take a moment and let that sink in. I hope these 6 Strategies help when you’re going through a painful event/situation.
How to overcome feeling powerless when those situations happen:
1.Start to find relief, in any shape or form you can. Have a good cry (or a few!), scream into a pillow, call a girlfriend to rant and rave – do whatever you need to do, to get some relief
2. Know that this event/situation that happened, is not the end. You may be going through a storm, but it will pass. There will be life after this.
3. Step into that pain. Feel it. Embrace it. Lean into every part of it that you can. The only way for you to move is through it. The sooner you own every part of it, the sooner it will move through you.
4. Do something, just one thing to feel better. Make your favorite flavored tea or latte, go for a walk in the sunshine, and spend the whole day in bed watching Netflix. Whatever one thing you want to do, just to feel better.
5. Take a moment to realize that because of this contrast, you have some beautiful new desires in your vibrational reality that are waiting for you when you’re ready. Abraham Hicks says all contrast inspires expansion. Because of this painful event or situation, you desire a much-improved version that is available to you (when you get into the vibrational frequency with it)
6. This last step is my favorite. Take a moment and honor yourself. You are strong, passionate, open, and fierce. You love unconditionally and with your whole heart. You have dreams and you have fears, just like everyone else.
Let go of control
You don’t need to figure out the next steps. Remember, life is happening FOR you, not TO you. All you need to do is show up for yourself. Do the 6 steps above and repeat them, again and again for as long as it takes you to start moving ahead. I keep these 6 strategies in my toolbox, because when you’re going through a painful event/situation and it feels like no one understands you, they bring you so much freedom. And when I get freedom, it means I’m back in control. Tony Robbins always says the number one Life Skill is learning how to live in a beautiful state when things aren’t going your way. I know it’s much easier said than done, but we get closer every time.
Download your FREE copy of our 30 Day Self-Care Guide for busy women on the go. This guide has simple, powerful, effective self-care activities you can do daily. Get it here.